Monday, February 20, 2006

My first(*) Swim Meet

I did my first swim meet this weekend. It was a somewhat odd meet for #1, in that it was short-course meters. (I suppose long-course yards would have been even odder) I did three events: 200 free mixed relay, where I was the leader, 50 fly, and 100IM. I was disqualified in the 100IM, because my back to breast turn was illegal; I turned onto my stomach before touching the wall. That's wrong in the IM. (Under limited circumstances, it's perfectly legal in plain back.) Something to work on for the next meet.

---
*: Actually, I was in a swim meet in 1996. However, I can't remember if it was a sanctioned meet or not, so I claim it doesn't count. I do remember I did a 100m breast stroke, back when I thought I still liked breaststroke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home